Natural sun protection is crucial. Healthy skin matters! Protecting your skin is a vital part of life. It is the barrier that comes in contact with the outer world. Skin protects your body, therefore, it is important to protect it in return. Although we may love to sit outside and soak up the sun from time to time, ultraviolet rays given off by the sun can be extremely harmful to our bodies. They can have a dangerous effect in conditions such as premature skin ageing, skin cancers, and eye damage (including cataracts).
There are a number of botanical oils that act to provide protection from the sun without blocking the absorption of vitamin D, and without exposing ourselves to harmful chemicals. Be aware that SPF level indicated is extremely variable, depending on how and how much the ingredients are used.
- Red Raspberry Seed Oil – equivalent to SPF 28
- Hemp Seed Oil – equivalent to SPF 6
- Shea Butter – equivalent to SPF 6
- Coconut Oil – equivalent to SPF 6
- Macadamia Oil – equivalent to SPF 6
- Grape Seed Oil – equivalent to SPF 4
- Sesame Seed Oil – equivalent to SPF 4
- Avocado Oil – equivalent to SPF 4
- Peanut Oil – equivalent to SPF 4
- Jojoba Oil – equivalent to SPF 4